Today I am back with a short but sweet DIY Post on how to distress a pair of jeans/denim trousers.
- Pair of Jeans
- Sand Paper (optional – read step 2)
- Sharp Scissors
The jeans I used for this project is an old pair of Primark jeans. You can use any pair of jeans, however I’d suggest if this is your first time use one of the cheaper ones you have to ensure you don’t ruin a good pair.
What to do?
- Put on your jeans and with a marker or chalk make small marks as to where do you want the incisions to be.
- Once the marks are made, go over those areas with sand paper for more distressed look. (This is optional).
- With sharp scissors make the incisions in marked areas. If you are making two incisions one above the other ensure there are at least 2 inches of space in between to avoid large holes.
- With tweezers pull the threads from in between the incisions made to create more rugged look.
- Put on a cold wash only for 10 minutes to “seal” the changes.
It really is this simple and shouldn’t take you more than 20-30 minutes. This can easily be done when you’re sitting at home watching TV. What I love the most about DIY “fashion” is that you are guaranteed nobody else will have the same pair!
Let me know what you thought in comments below & if you have tried this before let me know how it turned out or what other method you have used.
Leave a Reply